Publications from the pNEURO Lab:
- K. Na, Z.J. Sperry, J. Lu, M. Voeroeslakos, S.S. Parizi. T.M. Bruns, E. Yoon, J.P. Seymour. “Novel diamond shuttle to deliver flexible bioelectronics with reduced tissue compression.” 2018. Preprint at bioRxiv.
- L.L. Zimmerman,, P. Gupta, F. O’Gara, N. Langhals, M.B. Berger*, T.M. Bruns*. “Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation to improve female sexual dysfunction symptoms: a pilot study,” Neuromodulation, 21(7):707-713, 2018. * co-senior authors. PubMed ID 30247792. Article on journal website.
- A.A. Jiman, K.H. Chhabra, A.G. Lewis, P.S. Cederna, R.J. Seeley, M.J. Low, T.M. Bruns. “Electrical stimulation of renal nerves for modulating urine glucose excretion in rat,” Bioelectronic Medicine, 4: 7, 2018. Article on journal website.
- Z.J. Sperry, K. Na, S.S. Parizi, H.J. Chiel, J. Seymour, E. Yoon, T.M. Bruns. “Flexible microelectrode array for interfacing with the surface of neural ganglia,” Journal of Neural Engineering, 15: 036027, 2018. PubMed ID 29521279. PMCID PMC5581694. Article on journal website.
- L.L. Zimmerman, I.C. Rice, M.B. Berger, T.M. Bruns. “Tibial nerve stimulation to drive genital sexual arousal in an anesthetized female rat,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, 15(3): 296-303, 2018. PubMed ID 29402703. Article on journal website.
- S.E. Ross*, Z. Ouyang*, S. Rajagopalan, T.M. Bruns. “Evaluation of decoding algorithms for estimating bladder pressure from dorsal root ganglia neural recordings,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 46(2): 233-246, 2018. *Co-first authors. PubMed ID 29181722. Article on journal website
- I.C. Rice, L.L. Zimmerman, S.E. Ross, M.B. Berger, T.M. Bruns. “Time-frequency analysis of increases in vaginal blood perfusion elicited by long-duration pudendal neuromodulation in anesthetized rats,” Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface, 20(8): 807–815, 2017. PubMed ID 29034542. Article on journal website.
- A.K. Ostrowski*, Z.J. Sperry*, G. Kulik, T.M. Bruns. “Quantitative models of feline lumbosacral dorsal root ganglia neuronal cell density,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 290:116-124, 2017. *Co-first authors. PubMed ID 28739165. Article on journal website
- P.G.B. Romo, H.P. Chikkatur, S. Beldona, Y. Yi, T.M. Bruns, B. Malaeb, “Comparative evaluation of physical characteristics of different inflatable penile prostheses,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology, 51(5): 420-425, 2017. PubMed ID 28738732. Article on journal website.
- A. Khurram, S.E. Ross, Z.J. Sperry, A. Ouyang, C. Stephan, A.A. Jiman, T.M. Bruns, “Chronic monitoring of lower urinary tract activity via a sacral dorsal root ganglia interface,” Journal of Neural Engineering, 14: 036027, 2017. PubMed ID 28322213. PMCID PMC5751745. Article on journal website
- Weber, J. Harris, T. Bruns, V. Mushahwar. Anatomy and Physiology of the Central Nervous System. Ch. 1.3. In: Neuroprosthetics: Theory and Practice. 2nd Edition. Editors: K. Horsch & D. Kipke D., 2017. DOI: 10.1142/9789813207158_0003. E-Book at World Scientific publisher. Book on Amazon.
- S.E. Ross, Z.J. Sperry, C.M. Mahar, T.M. Bruns, “Hysteretic behavior of bladder afferent neurons in response to changes in bladder pressure,” BMC Neuroscience, 17: 57, 2016. PubMed ID 27520434. PMCID PMC4983075. Open access article on BMC Neuroscience website.
Papers from Dr. Bruns’ work as a postdoc at the University of Pittsburgh:
T.M. Bruns, D.J. Weber, R.A. Gaunt, “Microstimulation of afferents in the sacral dorsal root ganglia can evoke reflex bladder activity,” Neurourology & Urodynamics, 34(1): 65-71, 2015. PubMed ID 24464833. Article on Wiley website.
J.L. Collinger, S. Foldes, T.M. Bruns, B. Wodlinger, R. Gaunt and D.J. Weber, “Neuroprosthetic technology for individuals with spinal cord injury,” Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, 36(4): 258-272, 2013. Article on Journal website.
T.M. Bruns, J.B. Wagenaar, M.A. Bauman, R.A. Gaunt and D.J. Weber, “Real-time control of hind limb functional electrical stimulation using feedback from dorsal root ganglia recordings,” Journal of Neural Engineering, 10(2): 026020, 2013. PubMed ID 23503062. Article on IOP website.
J.L. Collinger, M.L. Boninger, T.M. Bruns, K. Curley, W. Wang and D.J. Weber, “Functional priorities, assistive technology, and brain-computer interfaces after spinal cord injury,” Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 50(2): 145-160, 2013. PubMed ID 23760996. Article on JRRD website
T.M. Bruns, R.A. Gaunt and D.J. Weber, “Multielectrode array recordings of bladder and perineal primary afferent activity from the sacral dorsal root ganglia,” Journal of Neural Engineering, 8(5): 056010, 2011. PubMed ID 21878706. PMCID PMC3178724. Article on IOP website.
Papers from Dr. Bruns’ work as a graduate student at Case Western Reserve University:
T.M. Bruns, N. Bhadra and K.J. Gustafson, “Bursting stimulation of proximal urethral afferents improves bladder voiding,” Journal of Neural Engineering, 6(6): 066006, 2009. PubMed ID 19901447. Article on IOP website
T.M. Bruns, N. Bhadra and K.J. Gustafson, “Intraurethral stimulation for reflex bladder activation depends on stimulation pattern and location,” Neurourology & Urodynamics, 28: 561-566, 2009. PubMed ID 19260091. Article on Wiley website.
T.M. Bruns, N. Bhadra and K.J. Gustafson, “Variable patterned pudendal nerve stimuli improves reflex bladder activation,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 16(2): 140-148, 2008. PubMed ID 18403282. PMCID PMC3375815. Article on IEEE website.
Copies available upon request.